Everything you need to setup NetGear WN3000RPv1 Extender
A Wi-Fi signal booster, enhancer or extender, you can name it as per your needs and requirement. The device comes with the wall- plug system which makes it easier to be placed in the most excluded corners and enhance the power of the Wi-Fi signals. With the high range of WN30000RPv2, you can walk around in any corner without feeling the dead spots. Connectivity of an additional wired device makes it worthy of its name and brand to invest in.
Let’s learn about easy installation steps involved in the setup of the device:
In order to make all the home devices connected and work properly, all of them needs to be configured among each other. So to start the setup we need to keep in mind that Wi-Fi router needs to be connected to the Extender, then however some devices which are near to Router can get connected to the Router and the ones which are closer to the extender can get connected to the extender.
And all this installation can be easily done in two different ways:
- WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup)
- Genie Setup Wizard
Connecting Netgear WN3000RPV1 Extender using WPS:
WPS lets you get connected with other device having WPS support without the requirement of any password or username.
- Connect all the devices to the power cable. Make sure all the connections are tight and firm.
- Once all the devices are connected to the power outlet, turn the power on for the Wi-Fi extender.
- Wait for two minutes and watch for the blinking light on the Extender to become stable and solid green.
- As soon as the light on the Extender device is solid green, go ahead and turn the WPS button on or just press it once.
- Wait for 3 minutes at-least after the WPS lights become stable on the Extender Device.
- Now turn on the WPS button on the Router and wait for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes, you will see the RATE LINK light LED will glow upon the EXTENDER device.
- This shows that the setup is all successful and now you are all set to use the devices and get connected.
Note: your Wi-Fi extender’s or Wi-Fi Booster Username will have the extension name added to the existing name of the network.
Existing Network: HomeNet
New network name: HomeNet_EXT
Connecting using Genie Setup Wizard:
This setup method is useful if your router doesn’t support WPS method, you can still establish the connection using these easy steps.
- Connect all the device to the power outlet and make sure all the connections and firm and tight.
- Now for Genie Setup Wizard to work, your system should be connected to the internet either by Ethernet Cable or by connecting to an unsecured network listed in the network manager.
- Once the system is connected to the internet, open the web browser in the Computer.
- The browser should directly take you to the Genie Setup Wizard
If not then you can type in the address bar www.mywifiext.net and hit enter.
- The landing page will ask you whether you want to do the settings manually or take the help or SETUP WIZARD. Just click on YES
- Now you will be asked different questions like:
Selection of your Wi-Fi Network
Change of the password and security key
Changes in any settings
You can always make the required changes if you want or simply select the option that says “USE THE SAME SECURITY MODE AND PASSWORD AS THOSE FOR THE EXISTING NETWORK”
- Now in the next step, you can simply select your home network name and hit Continue.
- Everything is correct now and you should see the screen same as below. Just click on the button finish and you are all set to move ahead with all your tasks.