Netgear Wn2500RP wireless Range Extender Setup
With WN2500RP NetGear New extender setup, you can boost the existing wireless network to great speed and also connect 4 different wired devices to the extender like Smart TVís, printers, game consoles, etc. The device comes in Wall plug edition too which enables the distribution of the existing network range in an efficient way. The NetGear WN2500RP has a very small design and fits well on the wall anywhere in the corner supporting your wireless speakers for better audio system in your home network.
Setting up the device can be easily done using two methods:
- Automatic WPS setting
- Manual Setting using www.mywifiext.net
Let's learn both in easy steps:
Automatic WPS setup of Netgear WN2500RP Extender:
Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS) allows you to get connected with any Wi-Fi network without the need of the Network name and password. WPS Button is present on the device, on the rear side.
Letís walk through the steps involved in WPS setup:
- As soon as the device is connected to the power cable, make sure all the connections are tight and firm.
- Let the lights on the device come to stand as Solid Green.
- Now press the circle WPS button and wait for the corresponding WPS light to start blink.
- Wait for next 1 to 2 minutes and then go ahead to press the WPS button on the other Device you want the connection to be with.
- On the successful connectivity of both the devices, the WPS light of the EXTENDER DEVICE should now turn to Green Solid along with the 2.4GHz link Light on the other device.
- Repeat the same steps as described in 4 and 5 steps to connect if you have a router of the 5GHz band.
Note: The Wi-Fi Network name for the Extender will now change having the extension of the Band Connected.
Existing Wi-Fi Name: HomeNetwork
New Wi-Fi Name:
Setup with NetGear Genie or through www.mywifiext.net:
www.mywifiext.net is the page where you can customize your preference in the settings of the router or extender you have. Letís learn it a simple way:
- As soon as you are ready with all the devices connected along and with the power supply, check that all the connections are firm and tight.
- Similar to already defined steps, turn on the EXTENDER and wait for the GREEN light to come solid.
- Now reach out for an Ethernet Cable to connect your Mobile devices or Computer to the Internet.
- Open the browser and go to the www.mywifiext.net and the Genie wizard will open up.
If you donít have already setup account, then DEFAULT USERNAME: admin and DEFAULT PASSWORD: password
- You will be redirected to a new window, choose the option NEW EXTENDER SETUP
- Again, if you donít already have an account so you will get the option to create one and click the NEXT button.
- After creating the account, you will be prompted to change the settings or passwords, if you want you can go ahead with changes or you can always SKIP it for later.
- As soon as you see the screen similar to this, you are all set to move ahead with an uninterrupted INTERNET service in your NETWORK.