How to Install NetGear WN2000RPTv3 Extender
WN2000RPTv3 is an extender of an already existing Wi-Fi network and remove all the dead zone in the existing area. The device has a maximum of 300Mbps connection speed. The Device very qualitatively enhances the coverage area of the network by boosting the existing network.
The installation of the device is quite an easy task to do. Just to keep in mind that while getting in the process of initial installation, do keep the devices within a short distance so that the Extender and Router connect easily. Once all the setup is done then the respective devices can be placed at the corners or spots where the signals need to be strengthened.
The setup of the device can be done in two ways:
- Using WPS
- Using Genie Setup Wizard
Using WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup):
- Connect all the devices to the power supply and make sure all the connections are firm and tight.
- Once all the devices are connected to the power cable, turn on the power button on the Extender Device.
- Wait for the light on the Extender to turn solid Green.
- Once the light stabilizes to Solid Green State, turn on the WPS button on the WN2000RPTv3 and wait for the lights to start blinking.
- After the lights on the Extender becomes stable, press the WPS button on the Router and wait for at least 2 minutes.
- By now, the LINK RATE light must have lit up on the Extender Device (WN2000RPTv3).
- Now the connection is established and you can now connect the devices to the Wi-Fi Extender.
Note: your Wi-Fi extender’s or Wi-Fi Booster Username will have the extension name added to the existing name of the network.
Existing Network: HomeNet
New network name: HomeNet_EXT
Using Genie Setup Wizard:
- For using the GENIE SETUP WIZARD, you first have to connect your computer system or any mobile device to the Internet. This can be done either by connecting the system to the Wi-Fi router using Ethernet Cable or by connecting to the unsecured network available using Wi-Fi.
- Once connected to the Internet, open the web browser on your system console.
- In the Address Bar, type in www.mywifiext.net and hit enter.
The browser should take you to the NetGear Genie Setup Wizard
- The welcome screen asks you to choose an option if you want the help of Genie Setup Wizard, click on the YES button.
- Now you will be asked to choose the name of your existing Wi-Fi network from the list of networks available.
- Now you will be asked to enter the Password and security key for further steps.
- After which you will be prompted to the screen shown below. If you want to change the settings, you can go ahead and do that other just select the option that says “USE THE SAME SECURITY MODE AND PASSWORD AS THOSE FOR THE EXISTING NETWORK”
- Now you will be asked to select the Wi-Fi network of your home or work area and then click CONTINUE.
- You will be taken to the screen as shown below, if everything is correct, just click FINISH and you are good to go.