Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi Range Extender
Model- NETGEAR EX7300 EXTENDER SETUP WIZARD
Extenders as the name suggest works to extend the range of the existing network. This they do by amplifying the incoming signal from the router. This makes the most efficient device to deal with dead spots in your network. WiFi Extender EX7300 is also one among them. WiFi Extender EX7300 is capable of working as a dual band and provides The speed of 1900Mbps. This configuration makes it The best choice for video streaming and gaming purposes. All you have to do is to install this extender in your network by connecting it with the router already present in your network. It does not matter that The router is from which company i.e it can be of Linksys, TPlink, Netgear, etc. This WiFi extender can be installed with any router. You can use Netgear WiFi extender EX7300 in any of two modes which are
- Using as a WiFi hotspot
- As a WiFi access point
When you will have bought Netgear Wi-Fi extender EX7300, it will come along with the following accessories:
- Antennas which are three in number
- Power adapter
- Stand to install an extender
- Four rubber feet
Netgear Wi-Fi extender EX7300 comes along with LED lights embedded on it. These LED lights serve many purposes. These LED lights work as an indicator of of the status of an extender. Power status of extender can also be known from these LED lights. Once this LED light turns green only then user has to press the WPS button for netgear range extender setup through WPS mode.
What is the way to install stand of Netgear WiFi Extender EX7300?
The stand is an essential accessory if you want to install Netgear WiFi Extender EX7300 range extender in the vertical direction. For this you have to go through steps as mention below:
- First The first step is to locate a flat place and place stand over there. Because elevated surface may unbalance your stand.
- You have to take care of the position of extender while installing it on the stand. A position of extender should have to be in such a way that the left side of extender should be in a downward direction. Now question come that how will you know which one is left side of extender. For this you just have to locate rectangular opening which will be three in number. Place Netgear extender in such a way that top panel and vertical support will be aligned in same direction.
- While placing these rectangular openings on stand, you should give support to it until become sure of the fact that it has been fitted properly onto the stand.
What is the way to attach the rubber feet?
In case you want to install your Netgear range extender horizontally then steps you need to follow to attach rubber feet are as given below:
- Firstly, locate panel which is red in color It will be bottom of the Netgear range extender. Now position extender in upside down position, in such a way that panel which is red in color will face you.
- Then all you have to attach rubber feet at every corner. Rubber feet will serve as support for the extender.
How can I attach antennas with Netgear WiFi range extender?
Antennas serve the purpose of enhancing network range in particular direction. Thus antennas play great role in increasing productivity of Netgear extender. But to serve this purpose antennas sould be aligned properly. For this you need to follow following directions:
- Netgear range extender does come along with antennas post, where you can fix the antennas. Due care should have to be taken while connecting antennas because their proper alignment can only serve the purpose for which they ae designed.
- Now if you want to enhance the signal strength in any particular direction then adjust antennas in that direction and enjoy seamless network connectivity. To increase the performance of your Wifi signal, adjust the antennas properly.
What is the purpose of product label on WiFi Extender EX7300?
Product label plays vital role in case of Netgear range extender due to information which it contains. It includes information regarding Serial number, MAC address of radios, security PIN, login URL and other useful information. In case you want to know about various information mentioned on product label then firstly you have to locate it which can be done by:
- Red panel about which we had discussed in the discussion of way of attaching rubber feet, should have to be in a position such that it faces you so that clear view of product panel can be found.
- Now locate product label. It will be having Netgear printed on it
What is the use of Netgear range Extender?
Extenders are specially designed to deal with problem of blind spots in the existing network. Blind spots denote a point where range of existing network is not available due to which you become unable to connect to network. Extender as the name suggests work to extend the range of extender. This makes Netgear WiFi range extender as best solution in dealing with such scenarios. If in case signal strength is weak even after installing extender,then all you have to do is move antennas of extender in the direction where you are having weak signals. This is the reason why Netgear range extender come along with adjustable antennas.
How does Netgear EX7300 Extender Works?
Netgear EX7300 extender ’s main function is to deal with dead spots so that network connectivity is present at each corner of your house. Netgear extender got signal from router and boost it up to appropriate level so that all WiFi devices present in the range of network can have uninterrupted and seamless internet connectivity. In this way Netgear WiFi extender works as a connecting device between router and various devices available in your network. Function of Netgear range extender can be broadly divided into two. That are:
- It acts in client mode with router. That means that it receives signal from the main router available in your network. This makes Netgear range extender a client of router. But it works in server mode with various WiFi devices. That means that these WiFi devices receives signal from Netgear extender.
- Netgear range extender work as access point for various WiFi devices.
How do I setup hardware of WiFi EX7300 Netgear range extender?
IF you are going to install Netgear range extender in your network then firstly you need to install various hardware that come along with extender. The process as well as order of installing various hardware devices are briefly stated below:
- First thing that you have to install is stand or rubber feet. In case you want to install Netgear range extender in vertical position then you have to install stand whereas if you are installing extender in horizontal direction then you have to attach rubber feet.
- Then you can move toward attaching antennas that come along with Netgear range extender. These antennas have flexibility to move in any of the direction. This is the prominent feature which enrich your experience with Netgear range extenders.
After successfully installing hardware, next step is to setup Netgear range extender. Various steps involve in this process are as given below:
- Firstly, you have to put your Netgear range extender on power.
- You have to take care of position of Netgear extender. The distance between your router and extender should not be too much. Preferably they should have to be placed in the same room for the time being when installation of extender is going on. After completion of installation process, you can place Netgear range extender wherever you want.
- You can install Netgear range extender by two ways that is through WPS or through manual method. But most preferred one is WPS method. Reason is the ease this method provides.
Setup Netgear EX7300 extender though WPS method
Various steps that user have to follow while installing Netgear range extender are as listed below:
- Firstly, put the extender on power.
- Find the WPS button on both extender and router. One thing should have to be keep in mind that WPS method will work only in case that both router and extender have WPS button. If any one of them will not have WPS button, then user have to follow manual method for installation of Netgear extender.
- Press the WPS button on extender. Immediately you will find that various LEDs on extender start blinking. This will go on for 2 minutes
- In the mean while you have to press WPS button on router.
- Now you have to add either 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz band, whichever your router does support. Once you do this the LED status of light pertaining to that band which you have selected will get stable.
What is the way to connect to Netgear EX7300 WiFi range extender using Web Browser?
In case you want to access to Netgear extender through user web browser then all you have to follow the simple steps as given below:
- Firstly, make sure that Netgear range extender’s WiFi network isconnected with WiFi devices with the help of WiFI network manager. To verify the same, you can confirm by checking status of device link LED light on extender.
- Then open web browser available on your laptop such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Then write www.mywifiext.net in the URL. You will be prompted to Setup page of your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- This setup page will have New Extender Setup option. You have to select it. After that you will be asked to create an account, if in case it does not prompt you to www.mywifiext.net setup page.
- To create an account fill up the details for which you are asked for.
- Now click on the network for which you want to install extender and then press next option.
- System will ask you for security key of your existing network. Do enter the security click and then hit next option.
- Now enter new SSID and password. Then various WiFi connections will be listed in front of you within 1 or 2 minutes.
- Now you can connect any device to this new extended network. For this all you have to do is enter the network name and password which you have created while setting up extender.
- Once the connection will be established between WiFi devices and extended nework, a dialogue box will pop up on your device stating extender is connected and ready.
- Click on the next button to proceed. The registration page displays.
- Now you will be prompted to registeration page. It is purely optional to fill up this form. You can also skip it. But in case you want any technical assistance related to any issue with extender then you will be required to fill this form up.
- Now you can place Netgear range extender wherever you want. But one thing shpuld have to be keep in mind that it should not be placed out of the range of WiFi router.
- You can know whether extender in the range of WiFi router by monitoring LED status. Up to the time router link LED is green; your extender is in range of WiFi router.
- Now extender is ready to work in our network.
- You can verify the working of extender by connecting your WiFi device to the network at any dead point. If this dead point still persists then your extender is not working properly. But in case dead point does not exist anymore then your task has been completed. All you have to do now is enjoy seamless connection throughout your network.
EX6400 Setup and Installation
How can I connect a device which is Ethernet-Enabled with Netgear WiFi range extender?
You can also connect Ethernet enabled device with WiFi range extender. All you have to do is change the extender setting. Extender setting can be changed anytimeafter it being installed in the network. Various steps that should be followed for making appropriate changes so that Ethernet enabled device can be connected are as given below:
- Firstly open internet browser on your device.
- Then enter www.mywifiext.net in address bar of the Internet browser. You will be prompted to login window.
- Here you have to enter username and password. After this you will be able to login setup page. Here you can make any changes which you want to do.