In this article, we had tried our level best to give insight on NETGEAR Nighthawk EX7000 AC1900 WiFi Range Extender. This article will be helpful for all those user who are planning to buy new NETGEAR WiFi EX7000 extender for their home network or is troubling to install new NETGEAR range extender in their existing network. We hope by reading this article all your basic queries regarding Nighthawk EX7000 AC1900 WiFi range extender will be cleared. Make sure you properly follow all the steps given in the WiFi Extender EX7000 installation and setup manual to install, setup and configure Netgear EX700. Have Happy reading.
What are special features of Ex7000 Nighthawk AC1900 NETGEAR WiFi Range Extender
If you are struggling with dead spots or interrupted network signal, then best solution for you is NETGEAR range extender. Extender’s main function is to enhance the signal strength of your existing home network. EX7000 Nighthawk AC1900 NETGEAR WiFi range extender is also designed to do this task but along with enhanced performance. This enhanced performance is due to its extra features such as:
- Dual band WiFi up to 1900 Mbps
- 700mW high powered amplifiers
- Compatible with all routers
- Easy to install new NETGEAR ex7000 range extender
- Compatible in working both extender and access point mode.
- Fastlane technology can be enable.
- Compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi router or gateway
- No need of installation CD while going for New NETGEAR range extender setup
- Due to above-mentioned characteristics best suitable for HD video streaming and gaming.
What is the utility of WiFi Analytics App
User is always requested to go for NETGEAR WiFi range extender only in case if signal strength of existing home network is weak. You can know about signal strength of your network by using WiFi analytics app. It also helps you to optimize various characteristics of your network such as knowing your network strength, WiFI channels and many other features. Thus you are requested to first know signal strength of your network using WiFi analytics app. You can download it either from Google Play or from official website of NETGEAR. Best part about this app is it is available free of cost. So do download it and explore its various features. Moreover, please ensure you have the Netgear EX7000 WiFi extender manual handy with you when following the steps to installation, configuration or setup.
New Netgear Wifi Extender EX7000 AC1900 WiFi range extender installation
Netgear EX7000 WiFi range extender comes along with characteristic to work both in extender as well as access point mode. To make Nighthawk AC1900 wifi range extender to work in access mode all you have to do is establish Ethernet wired connection with your network router. This will enable range extender to create new WiFi hotspot. Whereas if you want to install Nighthawk AC1900 wifi range extender in extender mode then it can be done by either of two modes as per your network compatibility. These two processes are discussed in most elaborative way below:
1. Setup new WiFi EX7000 extender using WPS mode:
WPS mode is easiest way to install and setup new NETGEAR extender in your home network. It provides user an option to install and configure NETGEAR EX7000 range extender by just pressing WPS button. In this method user does not have to enter any manual detail during installation process. The only thing user have to keep in mind before going for WPS mode of NETGEAR range extender setup is that your home router should also have WPS button. Steps that should have to be followed to install NETGEAR range extender in WPS mode are as given below:
- To start with Netgear EX700 setup process, put your EX700 range extender on power outlet. Now monitor LED status on extender. Wait until Power LED turns green.
- Locate WPS button on your extender. Press and hold WPS button. Wait until link rate LED and device to extender LED turns green
- Now locate WPS button on network router and press it within two minutes of pressing WPS button on EX7000 extender.
- By this your EX7000- AC1900 extender stands to be installed and Netgear EX7000 setup completed successfully.
2. New extender EX7000 AC1900 setup manually
If in case because of any reason you are unable to use WPS mode for installing your EX7000 range extender then next option available to you is going through manual method. In this method you have to install extender with the use of www.mywifiext.net page. Various steps involved in Netgear EX7000 setup are as given below:
- To start with Netgear EX7000 setup process, firstly take any WiFi device like laptop, tablet etc. Connect to extender network which will be named as NETGEAR_EXT, through this WiFi device. For this you have to open WiFi connection manager and then select NETGEAR_EXT to setup EX7000.
- After connecting with extender network, you have to launch web browser on your device. You can use any of the web browser like google chrome, internet explorer or any other web browser you want. You will be automatically prompted to www.mywifiext.net setup page. Here you will be asked to fill various details to create account. But in case you are not directly prompted to setup page then you have to manually enter www.mywifiext.net in address bar and then create account screen will pop up on your screen.
- After filling details do click on NEXT button.
- Do hit on WIFI RANGE EXTEDNER option. By this extender will list you out various WiFi networks available in your vicinity.
- You will be provided an option to extend either both or any one WiFi band. You can check on WiFi band which ever you want to extend.
- After selecting WiFi band select your WiFi network from available list and then hit on NEXT. In case you had made your home network hidden, then in this step it will not be listed in available WiFi network list. SO you have to manually add your home network in these circumstances. For this add network by entering network name and password.
- Now you will be asked to enter password of your WiFi network. By entering password your extender stands to be connected with your home network.
- Screen displayed on your screen will be as shown below.
- After completing the details such as network name etc do click on NEXT . By this new network name and password will be assigned to your network. Because of this connection between your WiFi device and router will be lost. The following screen displays:
- To Setup EX7000 you have to reconnect with your network but this time with new network name ans password which you has assigned.For this you have to open WiFi network manager on your WiFi device. Screen displayed will be as shown below. Select your network and hit on NEXT option.
- After connection is established you will be asked to register. If you want you can register by entering details for which you are asked for or also can skip it for future. By this your installation process and Netgear EX7000 setup completed successfully. Do enjoy seamless connectivity throughout your network and have happy surfing.
Hope this article has been proven fruitful to you and helped you with the steps to install, configure and setup Netgear WiFi extender EX7000. Hope your queries had sort out. But if in case you have any further query then you can clarify the same from our blog, link of which is given below. If user want to explore more on the same topic then he can visit on NETGEAR’s official website for the same. We had written this article by our experience with NETGEAR devices in hope that it will be beneficial for the other users also.
Netgear EX7000 Setup and Installation Steps