Netgear EX6400 – AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
As the name suggest Netgear EX6400 WiFi range extender is used to deal with menace of dead points in your network. For completion of this task AC1900 strengthen the signal that are coming from WiFi router due to which penetration losses are minimised to the extent that dead spots are eliminated from the network permanently.
The AC1900 WiFi Range Extender is renowned name among users because of its higher performance. It’s main characteristic include
- Functionality in dual band up to 1900 Mbps.
- Supporting 802.11 b/g/n wifi devices for 2.4 GHz band and 802.11 a/n/ac WiFi devices for 5 GHz band.
- Simultaneous streaming with multiple devices.
- Wi-Fi protected Access
- No requirement of installation CD to setup your EX6400 – AC1900 WiFi range extender.
These are the reason which enhance EX6400 – AC1900 WiFi range extender's performance over other extenders. AC1900 can be used as both extender mode and access point mode.
Note: User is highly recommended to install, configure and setup NETGEAR range extender only if the signal strength of his/her existing network is weak. Moreover, it is very essential to keep Netgear WiFi EX6400 installation and setup manual handy and following all the setups listed in that manual related to installation, configuration and setup. Netgear EX6400 installation and setup manual copy comes with the product, make sure you purchase the product from the repudted vendor and have manual in that.
To know about signal strength of your Netgear WiFi Extender EX6400 network through WiFi Analytics App
In case you want to know about signal strength of your WiFi network then best way is to use Netgear’s WiFi Analytics App. This app can be used for multiple functionality such as
- Knowing network status
- Checking Strength of WiFi network
- Calculating WiFi channel interferences
and many other functions. For this go and explore this app. IT is available free of cost on Google Play store or you can also download it from Netgear’s official website.
Modes of NETGEAR WiFi Extender EX6400 wi-fi range extender
NETGEAR WiFi Extender EX6400 is capable of working as both extender and access point. The functionality of Netgear Wifi Extender EX6400 range extender varies as per its mode. Its functionality is briefly explained below:
- While working in extender mode NETGEAR extender EX6400 establish link with existing home network. In this mode EX6400 range extender works as client.
- In case when NETGEAR WiFi range extender EX6400 works in access mode, it does broadcast its WiFi network which can be joined by various WiFi devices available in the range of extender. In this way NETGEAR EX6400 range extender while working in access mode imitate the functioning of WiFi router. That is the reason why this mode is called access mode.
Installation, Configuration and Setup of new Netgear Wifi Extender EX6400 - AC1900 WiFi range extender in extender mode
NETGEAR WiFi Extender EX6400 range extender while working in extender mode does amplify the incoming signal from your network router so that signal can be reachable to each end of your home. Various steps involved while going for new extender setup are as given below:
Note: User should have to place Netgear WiFi EX6400 range extender as close to network router as possible and preferably in the same room until installation process is going on.
- Foremost step involves putting your WiFi range extender on power. Wait until the status of LED pertaining to power status turns to green.
- Next step involves establishing connection between EX6400 range extender and existing network router. This can be done by either of two ways, that are
a. Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS)
b. NETGEAR EX6400 installation assistant
First is by Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS) –
For this user have to press WPS button both on network router and NETGEAR range extender simultaneously. But this can be done only in case your network router does have WPS button. In case of absence of WPS button user can follow NETGEAR installation assistant method to establish connection between WiFi range extender and network router. Just by following this simple step your New extender setup stands to be completed. Now you can unplug the extender and place it at the position wherever you want. But must keep in mind that extender should be placed within the range of router. You can also take help of Router link LED to find the place suitable to place extender. If the Router Link LED turns green, then it shows that this spot is good enough to place your new NETGEAR range extender. Now you can easily connect your wireless devices to extender network. Name of extender network will be same as your home network; the only difference will be that it will have _EXT at end of your home network name.
Second method is by NETGEAR WiFi EX6400 installation assistant-
In this method you have to connect EX6400 Netgear range extender with any device like laptop, through wired Ethernet connection or WiFi connection. Then open any web browser available on your device and go for www.mywifiext.net EX6400 setup. For this do enter www.mywifiext.net in the address bar of the web browser. By this you will be prompted to new extender setup wizard. Select NEW EXTENDER SETUP button. Enter various details asked for and hit on NEXT button. After selecting the mode that is either access point or extender, do select WiFi network. Now setup wizard will ask you for password. This password will be same as your existing network have. Now assign network name and password to your EX6400 range extender as you want and proceed further. Now to verify that whether your extender is working, do connect WiFi enabled device with it by selecting the network name pertaining to your extender and enter the password. By this message will be displayed on your screen confirming that “Extender is connected and ready to be used”. By clicking on NEXT button, registration page will open up. You can enter the details in case you want or also can skip it. By this your new extender setup stands to be completed. You can place Netgear Wifi EX6400 extender wherever you want but must keep in mind that it should be placed in range of your network router.
Installation, Configuration and Setup new Netgear EX6400- AC1900 WiFi range extender in Access Point Mode
To setup Netgear WiFi EX6400- AC1900 WiFi range extender in access point mode all you have to do is follow the steps as given below:
- Firstly you have to setup Access Point/Extender switch to Access Point mode.
- Put NETGEAR range extender on power and wait until the status of power LED turns to be green.
- Connect EX6400 extender with Ethernet LAN port of router through Ethernet cable. BY this extender does connect with LAN and thus created WiFi hotspot.
- Now you can connect with WiFi connection of EX6400 range extender through your WiFi enabled device.
- Open web browser on the device which is connected with extender’s network. Enter www.mywifiext.net in the address bar of the web browser. This will prompt you to new extender setup page.
- Here enter all fields asked for on Create account page and hit on NEXT button.
- Assign network name and password as per your requirement and click on NEXT. By following these simple steps your EX6400 range extender stands to be installed in access mode.
- Now you can easily connect your WiFi devices with extender’s network by just selecting network name of your extender and entering the password which you had set.
EX6400 WiFi Extender Installation and Setup