How to Setup Netgear Ex6200 Extender
Hello friends. Are you troubling to install/setup your new NETGEAR EX6200 AC1200 WiFi range extender? Then your best possible stop point is this article. In this article we had tried to explain New extender setup AC1200 Wifi range extender in best possible way. Hope this article will prove to be beneficial for you. Have Happy reading friends.
Why to go for NETGEAR's Ex6200 AC1200 WiFi range extender?
If you are fed up from interrupted network signal or problem of blind spots in your network and planning to go for new extender setup in your home network, then best option available for you is EX6200 AC1200 WiFi range extender. As the name suggest extenders are designed to counter menace of dead spots or interrupted network signal (if it is due to weak signal strength). EX6200 is capable of extending AC dual band WiFiupto 1200 Mbps. That is the reason why it is called EX6200 AC1200 WiFi range extender. Because of its characteristic of being dual band you can also enable Fastlane technology on it, which will result in increased speed of network connectivity. Thus making it best suitable for HD video streaming and gaming. Some of its highly desirable characteristics are as listed below:
- Capable of delivering dual band WiFi up to 1200 Mbps
- Have dual-core processor, which help in great way to enhance its performance.
- Support 802.11ac technology
- Have USB 3.0 port
- Because of being capable to work I dual band, Fastlane technology can be enabled on it.
- Have 700 mWhigh- powered amplifiers
- Can be installed without the help of installation CD.
- Can be used both as extender and access point.
These are some of the characteristics which makes NETGEAR EX6200 as preferable choice of users.
What is the need to download NETGEAR WiFi Analytics App?
User is always recommended to use NETGEAR WiFi Analytics App because of its various inherent advantages. It is characterised to help user in managing number of connected devices to their network, analyse the strength of network signal and many other features which makes user’s experience with network devices pleasant. For downloading WiFi analytics app you need not to pay any amount. You can simply download it from either NETGEAR’s official website or Google store.
Even it will be better if you analyse signal strength of your home network within your vicinity with the help of WiFi analytics app before going to buy range extender in your network.
NETGEAR AC1200 dual band wifi range extender in Extender mode
As stated above NETGEAR AC1200 dual band wifi range extender can be used both in access point and extender mode. While working in extender mode your NETGEAR EX6200 range extender will strengthen incoming signals from network router. If you are planning forNETGEAR EX6200 setup in extender mode, then all steps that should have to be followed are as given below:
- Before going for NETGEAR AC1200 wifi range extender setup, you have to assemble the hardware of NETGEAR AC1200 like attaching stand and placing it in close proximity with your network router.
- Then put your extender onto the power outlet and wait up to status of Power LED turns to green.
- After EX6200 extender got powered on, you can proceed for NETGEAR EX6200 setup. You can done this by following any one of the method from listed ones: 1. WPS method
2. NETGEAR EX6200 Setup Manual Method
Steps to be followed while going for New extender setup AC1200 wifi range extender varies as per the method. Various steps involved for both of these methods are discussed in coming sections. Do follow them religiously.
1. WPS method- Here WPS stands for WiFi Protected Setup. It is most used methods among users for installing WiFi range extender. This is because of ease it does provide in installing New NETGEAR range extender. It works like Push and install button. Only requirement to pursuit this method is that your network router should also have to be WPS supportive. That means it should also have to have WPS button. Various steps that should have to be followed are as listed below:
- Firstly, ensure that NETGEAR AC1200 wifi range extender 6200 is powered on.
- Then you have to push WPS button present on your extender. Link Rate LED and Device to Extender LED starts blinking green.
- In the meanwhile, do press WPS button on your network router. When connection will be established between your extender and router then Link Rate LED will turn to green.
- By following these two steps your new NETGEAR range extender stands to beinstalled. Now you can unplug EX6200 extender and place it wherever you want. But only thing that should have to be keep in mind is that extender should have to be place in such a way that it should come under the range of extender. For this you can take help of Link Rate LED for this purpose. I status of Link Rate LED does not turns to green then this means you have to move extender more close to router. When status of LED turns to green, this signifies that this spot is best suitable to place your newly installed range extender.
- You can connect to your newly configured NETGEAR range extender using WiFi device. Name of extender’s network will be as your existing WiFi network does have but along with _Ext.
2. NETGEAR EX6200 Setup Manual Method- In case your router does not support WPS method then best option available for you is to follow manual method. This method is used by using web browser. Various steps to be followed for this method are as listed below:
- Firstly, you need a Wi-Fi device, by using which you can connect to your NETGEAR range extender. Open network manager on your WiFi device and do connect with NETGEAR_EXT Wi-Fi network. You can also confirm that whether connection between you WiFi device and extender has been established or not by checking status of Device to Extender LED. If it turns green, then it shows that connection is established.
- Open any web browser on WiFi device. You have to go for setup genie mywifiext.net EX6200 setup. For this enter www.mywifiext.net in address bar of the web browser.
- Then do select NEW EXTENDER SETUP button
- You will be asked to fill various details. After filling them click on NEXT button to proceed further.
- Now click on WiFi Range extender button. By this it will list out various WiFi networks present in your vicinity.
- Now select the WiFi network which you want to extend using extender. Here you can choose whether you want to extend both bands or either of one. Choose as per your requirement.
- Now you will be asked for password. In this you have to enter password of your existing network.
- Now you will be asked to configure NETGEAR EX6200 login details. Do so and click on NEXT
- Now your WiFi device will get disconnected from extender because you had set new Network name and password. You can reconnect to extender by using new Network name and password.
- Your EX6200 AC1200 range extender is installed now you can place it wherever you want but within the range of router. For this you can use Link rate LED and locate the best spot to place your extender. This can be done by checking the status of Link rate LED, it should have to be green.
NETGEAR AC1200 dual band wifi range extender in Access Point mode
As stated earlier also NETGEAR AC1200 dual band wifi range extender can be installed in both extender as well as access point mode. While configured as access point it works as WiFi hotspot with which your WiFi devices can connect to access internet. Procedure to install NETGEAR AC1200 dual band wifi range extender in access point mode are as listed below:
- Establish Ethernet connection between your EX6200 AC1200 range extender and network router.
- Then put your extender on power. Firstly, Link rate LED and Device to Extender LED will turn amber and then turn off.
- Connect to WiFi range extender usingWiFi device. Open network manager on your WiFI device and select NETGEAR_EXT WiFi network name from the list of available networks.
- Open Web browser on your WiFi device and launch www.mywifiext.net setup page by typing www.mywifiext.net in the address bar
- In case you are log into extender for the first time then you will be asked to create account.
- Enter various details you are asked for in the Create Account page and click on NEXT button.
- Select Access Point option.
- Then you will be prompted to set credentials. After completing them hit on NEXT option.
- By this your extender stands to be setup in access point mode. You can connect with it through your Wi-Fi devices and enjoy surfing.
Hope this article has been beneficial for you. We had put many efforts to bring this piece of information in your service. In case you still have any problem regarding NETGEAR EX6200 extender troubleshooting, then you are highly recommended to refer to other articles on our website or you can also visit official website of NETGEAR for the same.