I am planning to buy NETGEAR AC750 WiFi Range Extender, can anyone help me out with its characteristics and method of Netgear EX3800 installation, configuration and setup of EX3800? Is it right choice for my home network?
NETGEAR is renowned among users of networking devices because of its higher quality products. So if you are planning to buy any NETGEAR device then do not worry, you are on right path. Now comes question particularly about NETGEAR AC750 WiFi range extender. As we all know that NETGEAR comes along with variety of products, among which user can choose as per his/her requirement. So if AC750 range extender suits your network requirement then must go for it otherwise you can choose any other range extender also.
Next question that comes in mind is how to know whether AC750 WiFi range extender is best suitable for one’s network or not. Then answer to this question lies in this article. We had given brief introduction about various features of AC750 range extender, according to which user can easily decide whether AC750 suits his/her requirements or not. Along with that we have also explained various Netgear EX3800 Setup & installation processes in this article. Now let’s proceed toward article.
Features of AC750 WiFi range extender
NETGEAR AC750 WiFi range extender works as WiFi signal booster, capable of delivering AC dual band WiFi up to 750 Mbps. This dual band makes it ideal for HD video streaming and gaming. There are many other characteristics of AC750 range extender some of which are as listed below:
- It is compatible with 802.11ac & b/g/n WiFi devices.
- It comes along with extra noise-filtered power outlet.
- Have Ethernet port, which can be used to connect any wired device such as game console or smart TV etc to WiFi network.
- Capable to extend both 2.4 & 5 GHz WiFi up to 750 Mbps
- Have external antennas, which are adjustable too.
- Also has extra power outlet which can be used to power any other device.
- Enabled with Fastlane Technology. This makes AC750 WiFi range extender ideal for HD video streaming.
- User can go for Netgear EX3800 installation of AC750 WiFi range extender without use of CD.
- Come along with Push ‘N’ connect button.
Installing NETGEAR EX3800 setup
Once you make your mind and has bought up AC700 range extender then next possible task in front of you is to launch new extender EX3800 setup process. You can Netgear EX3800 setup AC700 as either WiFi access point or WiFi range extender. You can install Netgear EX3800 AC700 range extender in extender mode by following any one method among WPS method and Smart Setup method. Initial steps are same for both methods which are as listed below.
- First thing is to place your range extender that is to be installed, in the same room as your router is. Once Netgear EX3800 installation process is completed, you can place your range extender wherever you want.
- Then put your AC700 range extender on power.
- Monitor the status of Power LED. It should have to turn green.
Further steps for new extender setup vary from one method to another. These are briefly discussed in coming sections separately.
- Netgear EX3800 Setup using WPS method: - WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. In this method user need not to type network name and password, to get connected with home network. Various steps involved while setting up EX3800 range extender are as given below. Please follow them holistically to avoid unwanted troubles throughout Netgear EX3800 installation process.
- First of all, locate WPS button on the side panel of your EX3800 range extender. Do press it. By this WPS LED will start blinking.
- Within a time period of 2 minutes, do press WPS button present on your router. By this WPS LED’s and Router Link LED’s status will change to solid green. This signifies that your EX3800 range extender gets connected with your home network.
- Now get a WiFi device. Use this device to get connected to your extender’s network. Whenever you search for the same, you will get two name. These names will be same as your home network name but will have _EXT at end of its network name.
- After selecting _EXT network name, you will need to enter password. This password will be same as it is for your home network.
- You can now place your range extender wherever you want but the only condition is it should have to be placed in such a way that extender remain in proximity with home network. You can take help of Router Link LED for this.
By following these simple steps user will be able to setup new EX3800 WiFi range extender in his/her setup. Due to simplicity of the procedure of Netgear EX3800 installation, WPS method is most preferred method among users. But if in case because of any reason you are unable to follow WPS method then NETGEAR provides you another option for new extender setup that is through web browser setup which is explained in the coming section.
- Netgear EX3800 Web Browser Setup: - If in case user does not want to go for WPS method then next possible option available to him/her is web browser setup. Various steps involved are as listed below:
- You will need a WIFi device for new extender setup. Through this WiFi device get connected to NETGEAR range extender’s network. NETGEAR range extender’s network name will have _EXT at end of its name. Once connection between WiFi device and extender is established, Device Link LED will get light up.
- Then open web browser. You can use any web browser available on your WiFi device for it.
- Then do enter http://www.mywifiext.net in the address bar of your browser. This is starting of setting up AC750 WiFi range extender.
- Select NEW EXTENDER SETUP button. As you are logging in for the first time so NETGEAR will ask you to create account.
- Enter various details you are asked for, for creating account. Then click on NEXT button
- After selecting your country and other regional settings click on NEXT
- Select WIFI RANGE EXTENDER button. By this you will get list of all available WiFI networks in your vicinity.
- Now select the WiFi network which you want to extend. You can also select both 2.4GHz and 5 GHz WiFi network.
- You will be asked to enter Password. Do enter the password of your home network.
- Now you will be asked to set network name and password for your WiFi range extender’s network.
- Now by using WiFi network manager, do connect with the new extender WiFI network.
- At the end you will get registration page. You can skip registration for later also.
That’s it. You can place your range extender wherever you want and can enjoy seamless connectivity throughout your vicinity.
We hope this article has been proved helpful to you. If in case, you want to explore more about NETGEAR’s extenders then you can follow other articles available on our blog. We had tried to explain various aspects as best of our knowledge. Even then if user find any difficulty while dealing with stuff, then he/she is requested to contact on NETGEAR’s official website. We hope this article will serve the purpose of those who are new to EX3800 NETGEAR range extender and struggling to setting it up.
Netgear EX3800 Installation & Setup using WPS and Web Browser