It is highly recommended by NETGEAR to have password protection on on status because it helps in making your network secure. But in case you want to put your extender on password protection on off status then you have to follow following given commands:
- Firstly you have to log into your extender. For this you have to launch web browser on any Wifi device that had established connection with range extender.
- Now you have to enter mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 which pertains to local webpage for Netgear range extender.
- This will prompt you to window where you have to enter username and password to get log into Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Here do select Menu icon.
- In the available options firstly select Settings and then Password Settings. By this pop up window will appear for Password Settings.
- Here you can choose among password off or password on option, which suits your requirement.
- At the end do save the changes you had made by hitting on SAVE option.
We believe the information deliberated in this article has been beneficial for you and you had successfully changed Password protection status as per your requirement. But in case you are encountering with any issue while doing so, then you are requested to visit Netgear’s official website for further help.