What to do in case I do not get installation CD along with my Netgear Range Extender?
In this article, we are going to install Netgear range extender without the help of installation CD that comes along with most of the Netgear range extender but not with all.
Steps to install Netgear Wi-Fi range extender:
Some Netgear Wi-Fi range extenders like Netgear WN1000RP, WN3500RP, EX6100, EX6200 Wi-Fi range Extenders do not require installation CD for their setup. They can be installed by using an installation wizard which is embedded in them during their assembly. Thus in case you are going to buy any extender in this range then you will not get any CD along with it. These Netgear range extenders are as easy as other to be install. Various steps involved in the installation of these extenders are as given below:
- The first step is to put your Netgear WiFi range extender on power and wait until status LED turns green.
- Within a while, your extender SSID named as “NETGEAR_EXT” will be listed in the Wi-Fi connection list.
3. Select extender SSID from WiFi connection list using any WiFi device that may be laptop or mobile phone etc, which you are using for installation of Netgear range extender.
Remember: For some extenders like PR2000(Trek), there exist dedicated network name (SSID) along with a particular username and password. In such cases, you are required to fill the same. You can easily find them on sticker present on the extender.
- Now you have to open any internet browser available on your device. It may be google chrome, internet explorer or any other. Just by opening web browser you will be directly prompted to Netgear extender setup wizard. Here just following simple commands that appear on screen, you will be able to install Netgear range extender.
- In case you will not be directly prompted to setup wizard then you have to enter mywifiext.net in the address bar of your web browser. Then Netgear extender setup wizard will be opened and you have to just follow simple commands as directed by the setup wizard. By this, your extender stands to be installed.
We hope this article remains helpful in tackling your query. We had brought this information to you by referring multiple sources as well as from our long experience with Netgear devices. But in case you need more assistance then you are requested to kindly visit on the official website of Netgear.