I am unable to connect to www.mywifiext.net, what are steps to troubleshoot this problem?
In case you are unable to connect to www.mywifiext.net which is local web page provided by Netgear for installation of Netgear range extender, then error message will be displayed saying Unable to connect to site. This may be because of multiple reasons like your device such as laptop is not connected with Netgear range extender by either Ethernet cable or WiFi. Because while installing Netgear range extender pre requisite is connection between device through which you are installing and device which you are installing.
While installing Netgear extender you have to place Netgear extender and network router in close proximity. There are also chances that if they are placed too apart then also you will not be able to access to mywifiext.net web page.
In case power supply is not regular to Netgear extender device then also you won’t be able to log into mywifiext.net.
You are hereby also recommended to use any other browser also while accessing mywifiext.net web page. Because it has been found that sometimes there exist browser problem which hinder the opening of www.mywifiext.net.
You can also enter 192.168.1.250 in address bar of web browser in case you are not directly prompted to www.mywifiext.net setup page which is to setup new extender.
You can also assign static IP address to your computer i.e 192.168.1.249 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0. But before doing this you are requested to kindly note down your current gateway address and router address.
To assign Static IP various steps that you have to follow are given below:
- Locate Start option in bottom of your screen then go to Control Panel. Select Network and Sharing option. In case you are using Windows 8 or higher then search and open for control panel and select Network and Internet.
- Select Change adapter setting option displayed on left side of the screen.
Note: You can open this wizard to use window key + R then type ncpa.cpl .Then this wizard will be open directly.
- Now right click on Local Area Connection and select Properties option from available options.
- Multiple options will be displayed on your screen, you have to select Internet Protocol Version 4 and click on
- Select Use the following IP address option
- Now you can enter IP address in IP address option and subset mask in subset mask option.
These are some common issues which may hinder your connection with www.mywifiext.net. Thus you are requested to verify that if any of this issue is making you unable to get connected to www.mywifiext.net.
Hope by following this article your problem will be sort out. But in case after verifying all above given issues, problem still persist then you are humbly requested to visit Netgear’s official website for further clarification.