Linksys Extender Setup RE4000W
What are various advantages associated with Linksys RE4000W N600 Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender and what are the steps associated with setting up RE4000W N600 in my existing network?
As the name suggests, primary functionality of Linksys RE4000W N600 Dual-band wireless range extender includes, boosting up the Wi-Fi signal and extend the coverage area of your existing network.
But this Linksys range extender does come along with many other advantages such as.
- Ethernet port
- Capability to operate in the dual band
- Enhanced performance
- Provision for Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS)
- Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2) security.
- And many others.
All features, as listed above, remain central attraction in case of Linksys N600 extender.
If these features match to your network requirements, then trust us, Linksys RE4000W N600 Dual-band Wireless range extender will prove to be a game changer for you.
Now next comes, the question of setting up Linksys N600 range extender.
Regarding this, we are going to have an in-depth discussion.
So let’s get started.
The user is provided by two methods, for setting up Linksys RE4000W extender. That is:
- Manual mode
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS)
You can choose among these methods, as per your wish and also as per your device’s capability.
To know more about this, let’s get deep into both of this method.
- Manual method: Manual method is the conventional method of setting up Linksys range extender. That means, for using this method of installation, the user need not have any particular specifications concerning his/her devices. All that is required is to follow, below listed steps:
- The foremost thing is to power on the Linksys range extender. Then wait until the status of Power LED gets stable.
- Then you are required to insert CD, but in case you do not have the same, then need not to worry. There is another way out for the same. That means go to Linksys.com/support and download setup file for your Linksys range extender.
- Then click on SET UP LINKSYS RANGE EXTENDER.
- After this, the installation will get initiated. Now after reading license do click on NEXT.
- You will get the list of all available WiFi networks, around you.
- Among them, select that network, which you want to extend using this extender. Then click on NEXT
- Now you will be asked to enter a network’s password. After opening the same hit on OK
- By this, your extender gets installed. Now you can place it wherever you want.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS): WPS method of installing Linksys range extender provides a user with the greatest ease. You can check the status of the WPS connection just by monitoring the WPS LED. Different states of LED signifies different countries of WPS connection. That is as listed below:
- If LED light is blinking, then this shows that WPS connection is in process.
- If the light is stable, then this indicates that the WPS connection has been successful.
- If the light is blinking for two minutes, then this signifies that there is some problem because of which WPS is unable to establish a connection.
But there is one particular requirement for applying this method. That is, your network router must also have to be WPS supportive. Otherwise, the user is left with no other option than to follow the Manual method.
If your network router or switch is WPS enabled then various steps that have to be followed are:
- Firstly you need to press the WPS button on the Linksys range extender.
- Simultaneously press the WPS button on your wireless router or switch. Once a connection. between Linksys range extender and a wireless router will be established, WPS light will turn into solid.
Just by this, your Linksys RE4000W range extender stands to be installed using the WPS method.
We hope all the information provided above is easily understandable and proved to be fruitful. We had tried to cater to the needs of the user, as far as possible. But if in case, still, any part remains unanswered then you are requested to contact on Linksys’s official website for further clarification kindly.