NETGEAR EX2700 extender’s installation via WPS method will be our prime topic of discussion in this article.
We will include all steps involved in setting up NETGEAR EX2700 extender via WPS method in this discussion.
We hope this will be of some help to you.
But before initiating our discussion on installation of NETGEAR EX2700 extender via WPS method, Let’s have a brief outlook of various important characteristics of NETGEAR EX2700 extender, which makes it special and outstanding among other NETGEAR extenders.
- Capable to extend WiFi range of your network up to 300 Mbps+. Thus if it matches your network requirement then you may easily go for this NETGEAR EX2700 extender.
- Comes along with external antennas. This makes it added the feature. Because if in case you want to intensify signal strength in any particular direction then these external antennas provide you with this opportunity.
- As it is small and compact in size, this makes it ideal to be fitted anywhere in your network.
- Another an advantage which is for all NETGEAR extender devices is that these extenders are capable to perform with any network router. That means you are not required to switch to altogether for NETGEAR devices if you are having NETGEAR extender.
You can go for any other brand’s router and can still use NETGEAR extender with that.
- One of the other attractive feature with NETGEAR EX2700 extender is it’s Fast Ethernet port, through which you can establish any wired connection and experience high speed internet connectivity.
- Provides CD-less setup of NETGEAR EX2700 extender.
- Provides choice of installation of NETGEAR EX2700 extender via WPS method.
After taking a look at the features of NETGEAR EX2700 extender, let’s move toward our main topic of discussion of this article and that is installing NETGEAR EX2700 extender via WPS method.
As we know WPS method i.e. Wi-Fi Protected Setup method is named so because of its capability to make NETGEAR extender installed by using Wi-Fi signal.
What it actually does is that it establish a Wi-Fi connection between your network router and NETGEAR EX2700 extender.
Through this Wi-Fi extender, your router and extender shares information and gets connected.
By which you become to use your NETGEAR EX2700 extender in your extender.
That itself show how easy this method is to be followed.
Now let’s discuss steps involved in installing NETGEAR EX2700 extender via WPS method
Steps to install NETGEAR EX2700 extender via WPS method
- The first step is of placing NETGEAR extender. One should keep in mind that during installation, NETGEAR EX2700 extender should have to be placed in the same room as your network router is.
- Next thing to ensure is that you are having a workable internet connection.
- One another thing to ensure is that your network router is WPS enabled. Only if it is the case, then you can go for installation of NETGEAR EX2700 extender via WPS method.
- Once you are done with above-listed points, then you have to put your extender on the power outlet. Wait until power LED becomes stable.
- Then press WPS button on extender and hold it for 2 seconds. By this, you will notice WPS LED will start blinking. This shows that your extender is attempting to establish WPS connection.
- Within the time duration of 2 minutes, you are required to press WPS button on your network router.
- You will notice that WPS LED on NETGEAR extender as well as Router Link LED will turn to be solid green. This shows that WPS connection between your extender and router has been established.
- Now the installation of NETGEAR EX2700 extender via WPS has been completed. You can now place it wherever you want. But one thing has to keep in mind that it should be placed at such a point where it should be capable to receive an adequate signal from your network router.
- Now you can connect wireless devices in your network with NETGEAR extender’s network.
- Now comes question that how to distinguish extender network from other wireless networks listed in available network list????
Answer to this is that NETGEAR extender’s network should be having “_EXT” at the end of its name.
For instance if existing WiFi network name is:- mywifiext.net
Then NETGEAR extender’s network name will be :-mywifiext.net_EXT
Once you distinguish between other network names and NETGEAR extender’s network name then second requirement to connect to NETGEAR EX2700 extender’s network is of password.
Password for it will be same as that for your network router.
SO do connect your devices with NETGEAR EX2700 extender’s network and enjoy seamless connectivity throughout your network.