What are the steps to be followed for enabling Fast Lane technology on Netgear WI-Fi EX6400, EX7000, EX7300 Range Extenders?
If you have Netgear EX6400, EX7000, EX7300 range extender and planning to enable FastLane technology on your extender, then this article will be very helpful to you. In this article, various steps involved in configuring Fast Lane technology are described in a most elaborative way.
Actually, FastLane technology is highly recommended if you have requirement of HD gaming and HD video streaming, because of the high performance offered by it. Without FastLane technology, your device gets connected to both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band at the same time. By this, although both the bands get extended performance gets reduced. Whereas in the case of Fastlane technology one band connect extender with the WiFi client device and other band connect extender and WiFi router. This is the characterize which enhance the performance of Netgear range extender configured with FastLane technology.
If in case all your WiFi devices work on a single band then fast Lane technology will not be fruitful for your network.
Steps to enable FastLane Technology:
- Firstly, make sure that wireless client devices are connected with the extender’s wireless network.
- Then open a web browser. In it enter mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- This will prompt you to enter the Username and password. By entering these details, you will get into the NETGEAR genie setup page.
- Here do click on “Do More” and then on “FastLane”
- By this Fastlane, Technology page will open up. Here do click on “FastLane Technology”.
- Here you will be given two options from which you can select whichever suits you.
- The first option is Device-to-extender in 5GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4GHz only. To use this option, you have to ensure that your WiFi client devices have to support 5GHz band and router should support 2.4 GHz band. As per this option, your WiFi clients will use 5 GHz band to connect with extender.
- Once you had selected desired option, do hit SAVE option.
We had tried to explain FastLane technology from the best of our knowledge and experience. Hope this article had proved to be helpful to you. But in case you want to get more insights on the same topic then you are requested to kindly visit the official website of Netgear.