To set up NETGEAR AC1200 WiFi extender, NETGEAR has provided you with two options.
These two options we are going to discuss in depth, in this article.
Hope this article will be helpful for all those who are trying to set up NETGEAR AC1200 WiFi extender in their vicinity.
Another added feature with this article will be that we are going to discuss some basic and most attractive features of NETGEAR AC1200 extender.
This will let you better understand whether NETGEAR AC1200 extender is good enough to meet to your network demands or not if you are planning to buy it.
Or if you had already bought NETGEAR AC1200 extender then these features will let you know your NETGEAR extender in a better way.
So let’s begin our discussion with first discussing about basic and attractive features of NETGEAR AC1200 extender.
- As the name suggest, these NETGEAR extenders are capable to deliver WiFi up to 1200 Mbps.
- Another special feature with these extenders is that they are dual band that means, can operate in both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency band simultaneously.
- At the same time, they are provided with dual-core processor. This helps in enhancing their performance in great extent.
- They are capable to support 802.11ac technology.
- As already stated, they are capable to perform in dual bands. This makes it capable to be enabled with FastLane technology.
- This FastLane technology enability make these extenders ideal for HD video streaming and video gaming.
- As is the topic of our article, these extenders are capable to be installed without the help of installation CD.
- Another attractive feature of these AC1200 extenders is that they can be used both as extender as well as access point.
- And much more.
These are some of the features which makes these NETGEAR AC1200 extender as preferable choice for users.
After having brief introduction about basic features, let’s move forward for discussing steps involvedin setting up NETEGEAR AC1200 extender.
Set up NETGEAR AC1200 extender
As already stated, you no more require a installation CD to install new NETGEAR extender.
NETGEAR has provided you with two methods, among which you can choose as per your convenience, to setup new NETEGEAR AC1200 extender.
These two methods are:
- Manual method/NETGEAR Genie
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS) method
- Manual method:- This method is most commonly used by users while installing their new NETGEAR extender.
In this method, you are required to login into NETGEAR’s local webpage, provided to set up NETGEAR AC1200 WiFi extender. That is www.mywifiext.net.
This webpage have multiple usages with respect to your NETGEAR extender devices.
Such as, it cannot only be used to setup new NETGEAR extender, but you can perform any task related to your NETGEAR extender device by using this very webpage.
That means either if you want to change username or password for your extender, or you want to make changed with respect to your AC1200 extender, then only one thing have to be followed and that is to launch www.mywifiext.net webpage.
This we had discussed about what is manual method. Now let’s have a look on some basic steps that are involved in setting up NETGEAR AC1200 WiFi extender using manual method.
Step 1:- Power on your AC1200 WiFi extender device and wait until Power LED turns to be solid in colour.
Step 2: Then establish a connection between any device(which you are going to use to run set up process) and NETGEAR WiFi extender by using Ethernet cable.
Step 3:- Launch any web browser on the device. This will prompt you to www.mywifiext.net local webpage.
Step 4:- Enter credentials to login into your AC1200 WiFi extender. That by default are:
Step 5:- This will open up NETGEAR genie setup. Now just by following simple instructions that get displayed on your screen, you will able to complete AC1200 WiFI extender set up.
- WiFi Protected Setup(WPS) method:- This method enables user to install new NETGEAR extender without performing various steps manually.
All user needs to do is to press WPS button on both NETGEAR AC1200 WiFi extender and network router, simultaneously.
By just this, set up of NETGEAR AC1200 WiFI extender will gets completed.
This makes installing NETGEAR AC1200 WiFI extender using WPS method easier then that of manual method.
We hope by following this article your query related to how to set up NETEGAR AC1200 WiFi extender, gets clarified and you will be able to install new NETGEAR extender in your network without any issue.
How do I update my Netgear ac750?
Are you struggling to know that how do you update NETGEAR AC750 WiFi extender?
If it is the case then this article will be ideal for you.
In this article we are going to discuss steps to update NETGEAR Ac750, or in other words we can say that steps involved in updating firmware of AC750 extender.
But before going into steps involved in updating AC750 extender, let’s have look at some basic characteristics or features of AC750 WiFi extender.
- As the name suggest, these NETGEAR WiFi extenders are capable to deliver WiFi signal up to 750 Mbps.
- At the same time they are dual in band. That means they are capable to perform in both 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz band. This added as a great advantage with these NETGEAR extenders.
- As they are dual band, this added one more feature too this AC750 extender and that is FastLane technology.
This FastLane technology enables them to perform in both bands simultaneously. This in result helps in enhancing AC750 extender’s performance in great way.
- Now comes compatibility. They are compatible to work with 802.11 ac& b/g/n WiFi devices. Thus wider range of devices are compatible with these extenders.
- Their higher performance makes them inevitable choice for HD video streaming as well as video gaming.
- NETGEAR AC750 WiFi extenders are capable to perform as both extender and access point.
- Another added feature, which is applicable to almost all NETGEAR extender devices, is that you does not need any installation CD to install NETGEAR AC750 extender in your setup.
- They comes along with external antennas which provides you leverage to beam up the signal strength in any one particular direction, in which you want.
- And much more.
These are some of the features which make AC750 extender as more attractable feature to users.
Once you bought AC750 extender and had set up AC750 extender in your setup, then next thing that should have to do regularly is to update this NETGEAR Ac750 WiFI extender.
This regular updation is very much required to make your extender workable.
NETGEAR releases these updations in form of new versions of firmware, to enhance performance of your NETGEAR WiFi extender.
So you are always recommended to update AC750 WiFi extender regularly, whenever you receive a new update.
Now comes question that how to update NETGEAR AC750 WiFi tender.
Answer to this question lies in following given steps.
Steps to update firmware of AC750 WiFI extender
- Firstly open up a web browser on the device, that is connected with your AC750 WiFi extender’s network.
- Then logged in to your extender. For this you will be required to enter credentials to login www.mywifiext.net local webpage.
- Once you get logged in, next task is to click on Menu icon.
- By this menu gets displayed. Here go to Settings and then to Firmware update.
- Then click on Check Online. This will check online for any firmware update for AC750 WiFi extender.
- Is in case firmware update will be available then this will list it.
- Then all you are required to do is to follow the instructions that gets displayed on your screen and by this Firmware updation will start by its own.
That’s it. By following these simple steps you will be able to update your NETGEAR AC750 WiFi extender.