Linksys Wi-Fi range extender is characterized with many unique features, which makes it one of the most outstanding range extender you had ever used.
In this very article, we will discuss almost every highlighted characteristic of the Linksys range extender. But before analyzing special features of Linksys range extender, let’s have a look at how Wi-Fi extender does work and how to know whether your network needs a Wi-Fi range extender or not?
Firstly we will discuss what WiFI range extender is?
What is the Wi-Fi range extender?
Extender in simple English means something that helps in extending. In networking terms, these extenders stand somewhat the same as is said in English.
In the networking field, extenders are used for extending the existing network’s range so that existing Wi-Fi signals get approachable to each far end of your network.
Linksys range extender also does the same thing.
Now comes the question of how they do so?
The answer to this is straightforward. These Wi-Fi extenders are also known by the name of WiFI boosters. It is because they do nothing to boost up the incoming WiFI signal.
Thus in simple words, we can say that their working resembles with amplifiers in a significant way.
But during this amplification process, these extenders do one extra function, and that is of noise removal which also helps in receiving noise-free WiFI signal at the end.
What happens is that WiFI extender boosts up the incoming signal that comes from your home router. It enhances the strength of the Wi-Fi signal. Due to this, the signal can withstand more penetration losses; then it was capable earlier.
Penetration losses are losses in signal strength of the Wi-Fi signal that get induced because of the passage of the signal through many obstacles that came in its way during transmission. It can be a wall, your furniture, or any other thing.
Working with the Linksys range extender is also the same.
That was all about what Wi-Fi range extender device is. Now proceed toward another critical question that is whether your network needs a WiFI range extender?
Does your network need a Wi-Fi range extender?
Now comes the broader question that is whether your network needs a Wi-Fi range extender at all?
If you are facing the issue of dead spots i.e., patches of the area where the Wi-Fi signal is not approaching properly, then you can go for installing an extender in your network.
You can use an extender for this purpose like Linksys range extender, NETGEAR extender, Belkin range extender, TP-link extender and any other.
There are various factors that contribute to your selection of a particular brand’s extender.
But if you are searching for an extender that provides you with adequate speed along with the reliability of its functioning, then Linksys range extender will be the optimum choice for you.
The best part with Linksys is that it provides you with a wide range of extender devices among which you can choose as per your network requirement.
But this is not the only feature associated with Linksys range extender.
It comes with a wide range of advantages. Let’s get deep into various characteristics associated with Linksys range extender that compel users to go for it.
Features of Linksys Wi-Fi range extender
Although Linksys WiFI range extender comes with a broader array of advantages that cannot be summed up into one article. But we will try to provide you a comprehensive overview of various special features associated with Linksys range extender which areas listed below:
- The foremost advantage is that it is available in a wide range. That means if you require more wired connections, then you can choose the extender having that characteristic, or make a choice as per your network requirement.
- The next important feature associated with any device is its setup process. It has been found that users always prefer those devices that are easy to setup. Linksys does great on this part.
- The setup process of Linksys Wi-Fi range extender is the most comfortable one. Linksys has provided with its web interface, i.e., http://extender.linksys.com, using which you can configure as well as change the configuration of the Wi-Fi range extender.
- It is compatible with almost all well-known brands of routers.
- Many Linksys range extenders come along the characteristic of working as both extenders as well as an access point. Thus you can make them work in the way you like.
- Compact in size
- It Comes along with the WPS button.
- Most of the Linksys WiFI range extenders are dual-band which means they can work in both 2.4 GHz band and 5 GHz band.
- Linksys velop comes with mesh technology. Thus it can be used in more extensive networks.
- Capable of giving a world-class performance.
These are some of the features of the Linksys range extender. By this, we can conclude about the full operability and user-friendly experience of Linksys range extender.
We hope this article will help you out in understanding as well as choosing a Wi-Fi range extender, best for your network.